Day 2, September 10; Virginia to Eveleth

 9/10/26; 15 miles

(via Gilbert and around) We started the day with a walk across the street to see "The world's biggest floating Loon. The open pit mines, now lakes, appeared and disappeared midst the woods. The trail is generally rough with lots of heaves and patched cracks. Now that the trail is completed from Grand Island to Ely I hope more resources can go into maintenance. I'm not sure how much of the length is rail-to-trail but a big stretch of today clearly was. I upped my electrical assist for the day: my effort plus an added 75% of me. Marney and I were both somewhat stiff and sore after yesterday. Today was a good e-massage. Hockey is an even a bigger story here in Eveleth than mining. But, like mining, it is an old story.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 9, September 17; Virginia to Chisholm

Day 8, September 16; Tower to Virginia on Four Wheels

Day 10, September 18; Chisholm to Hibbing